Wednesday, July 21, 2010

C C Is a Lunatic

CC has cracked under the pressure...I know it may sound like she has cracked under the pressure of Ruth's beer guzzling ways so I will explain a little more about her last post....

CC has spent each of her visits with Ruth TRYING to make her understand her situation. She constantly tries the loving daughter Cindy approach but usually has to resort to the mean friend Cindy approach. Nothing she or Mike say seems to penetrate Ruth's brain deep enough to make any change. In less than 2 weeks Ruth has spent(her money and our money) more than $430 on beer and cigs...AND when I went over today there was not one beer in her fridge. When CC was over Sunday she left Ruth with 30 beers in the fridge and approx 25 pks of cigs(today she had 6 pks left). CC was very straightforward with Ruth and told her that she would NOT be back for 2 weeks so that had to last her that long. Ruth said..'O K.." Yesterday morning she called and said she needed to go to the store.."For stuff..." SOOOOOOO...once again she had gone through 30 beers in 2 days....oh what to do....

I talked to Ruth about 8 times between yesterday and today...she needed medicine for her tummy so I got her that, bread, milk, cheezits,and some activia yogurt. She was strangely pleasant today. She said she doesn't drink much and only shares a couple of her beers with Jack. I tried to help her understand about how concerned everyone is that she not be taken advantage of. She said Jack is a very nice man and would never take advantage of her...BALONEY!!!!... Our visit was upbeat most of the time ...it's a lot easier for me than for CC and Mike as I am the good cop...While she is literally driving us to drink with all the beer that is being bought, she is much more calm about being at Corinthians...She also seems to be in more of a fog sometimes but she seems eerily coherent ...It is just so darn confusing for us...

CC, the debit card thief(I am still laughing about that little trick play) made the exact right move by confiscating that card. I am watching the account to be sure Ruth doesn't write Jack a check. She didn't ask me for beer today so I feel strongly that she already had a plan in motion to obtain her beer.

All in all, we are actually in a better place with Ruth right now, we just have to stop the endless flow of beer and cigs somehow....

So you see, CC is not a lunatic(well spoken by her lunatic cohort)...she is simply at her wits end with driving 2 hours in a hot car to try to help Ruth find her safe, happy place AND Ruth not listening to a thing any of us say....

I AM WITH YOU CC...I PLEDGE TO NOT BUY HER ANY MORE BEER(you may have to steal the check books next though...)

No comments:

Post a Comment