Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wow, talk about a jerk. Jack asked me if I would pick up a pack of cigs for him when I go to the store. I told him I'm not going to the store. A few minutes later he said there is a convenience store just down the street. I told him again, I'm not going out. He said "you must not be a smoker." I said that yes I am a smoker but its 105 degrees outside and my car has no AC. As I started to look away from him and back to Mom, I saw what I can only describe as a "look." I think he doesn't like me. Aaaawwww. Bad me.
When Mom and I got back to her apt. I told her that I don't like Jack, he's a jerk. She quickly told me she didn't care if I like him or not. He's her boyfriend. I'm beginning to think ANY man named Jack would be her boyfriend. Honestly, this guy is so gross I wanna gag. Oh man, I just did.

While we were sitting outside with Jack, Mom said "I introduced you to that guy in the dining room as my sister. Are you my sister or daughter?" I again told her that I am her daughter.


She was showing me around and explaining Corinthians to me like I had never been there before. She even stopped one of the kids who works in the dining room if he would show me those wonderful glasses they use for the iced tea. I interrupted her and told her that I have not only seen those glasses, I have been served tea in those glasses. Yes Mom, they are beautiful. When I kept saying I know, she asked if I had been there before. I explained that I have been there many times and have had lunch with her on several occaisions she just said "Oh"

As I was leaving, she asked me who was at home, who lives with me. Again, I tell her no one, I reminder her that I live alone. She remarked how different it must be to live alone after all those years of living with all the kids. I don't say anything. It's just too confusing for her, and for me.

Given the fact that she never even remembers that I visit, I'm wondering why I do. I think I am doing it out of some kind of Whelan induced guilt.

For now, she is out of beer, cigs and milk. Oh well. Maybe Jack's real girlfriend can go get them their stuff cause I stood my ground and did not go to the store.

That' all for today.

1 comment:

  1. OHHHH NOOOO!!!!! Jack is her boyfirend AGAIN...she already called and told me your visit was 'complicated' and she didn't want to talk about it..said she is miserable and NEEDS to go to store for ''you know, stuff"...told her I would take her tomorrow at 11...

    ReplyDelete